Welcome to ASHS:
It is a great pleasure to introduce you to our school website and hope you find in it all the information that you need. Possibly the greatest strength of the school is its friendly atmosphere and sense of community.
We are proud of our well-deserved high reputation as the only Church of England VA High School in East Anglia. Archbishop Sancroft has become an increasingly popular choice amongst parents due to:
- Our comparatively small size which means we really can offer Christian child-centred education
- Our focus on developing the whole person - physical, social, moral and spiritual
The school’s Mission Statement, bringing together both spiritual and educational goals, sets out the aims to which all who work in the school aspire:
In keeping with our Christian values, the School Staff, Students, Parents and Governors, will work together to encourage a real enthusiasm for learning and pride in our school.
As a team, we aim to offer education which is challenging, informing, exciting and enjoyable. We will have succeeded if everyone is given the chance to achieve the best results possible, and is equipped with life skills and experience for their future.
Our Core Values
* These core values will be our focus for this academic year 2012 - 2013.
Head Teacher notes:
Record breaking Maths and English results!
ASHS congratulated by Rt Hon David Laws MP, Minister of State for Schools - more
Students and staff are celebrating further successes.
64% of the students achieved five or more passes at grades A*-C including English and Maths.
This half term's core value:'Thankfulness'
Theme for this week (17-21 June): ‘Extravagant Thanks’
Events this week
- Tues- Yr 8 Geography field trip (8N& 8E), Area Sports at UEA,
- Wed- Whole School Council meeting at lunchtime (13.15-14.15) Peacejam (13.20-14.20)
- Thurs- Life-Zone drop-in in the Oasis Prayer Space (13.10-14.00), Yr 8 Geography field trip (8S & 8W), Year 6 Science morning, GCSE Art Exhibition,