Examination Results 2015
Another Record Breaking Year for ASHS
Class of 2015- another Record Breaking Year for ASHS!
Congratulations to Year 11 who should be very proud of their achievements. Key headline results are as follows:
%5 A*-C: 80% (This is a new record for the school)
%5 A*-C (including English and maths): 52%
English A*-C: 69% Maths A*-C: 69%
These results are the result of hard work, encouragement and support from the students, their Parents and Carers, staff and Governors.
To access the school's results, as published by the DFE, please click on the link http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/schools/performance/school.pl?urn=121188 For a summary 'data dashboard' of results, please click on the link http://dashboard.ofsted.gov.uk/dash.php?urn=121188
Welcome to ASHS:
It is a great pleasure to introduce you to our school website and hope you find in it all the information that you need. Possibly the greatest strength of the school is its friendly atmosphere and sense of community.
We are proud of our well-deserved high reputation as the only Church of England VA High School in East Anglia. Archbishop Sancroft has become an increasingly popular choice amongst parents due to:
- Our comparatively small size which means we really can offer Christian child-centred education
- Our focus on developing the whole person - physical, social, moral and spiritual
The school’s Mission Statement, bringing together both spiritual and educational goals, sets out the aims to which all who work in the school aspire:
In keeping with our Christian values, the School Staff, Students, Parents and Governors, will work together to encourage a real enthusiasm for learning and pride in our school.
As a team, we aim to offer education which is challenging, informing, exciting and enjoyable. We will have succeeded if everyone is given the chance to achieve the best results possible, and is equipped with life skills and experience for their future.
Our Core Values
* These core values will be our focus for this academic year 2015 - 2016.
Head Teacher notes:
This half term's core value: Friendship
Theme for this week (5-9 October): ‘In trouble’
I am delighted to announce that the first ASHS Head Girl is Josie Calvert and the Head Boy Johnny Middleton. The standard of written applications and performances during interview of the 8 shortlisted applicants was stunning and made the final selection job very challenging. The next job is for Heads of Houses to select their House Captains and Sports Captains before moving onto the final leadership positions available to all students in the school.
This week we have our annual Careers Evening in the Hall for all students and their parents/ carers. This is an excellent opportunity to talk to a large number of Post 16 providers and employers about the huge range of pathways beyond Year 11 at ASHS.
Good Luck to our Year 11 linguists as they sit their speaking exam on Monday.
Events this week
- Monday- French GCSE speaking exam for Year 11
- Tuesday- Homework Club at 3.20-4.30 pm in the library
- Wednesday- Mr Connelly attending the Harleston and District Business forum breakfast meeting
- Thursday- Careers Evening in the Hall 4-6pm
- Friday- Active Friday 3.20-4.30pm
- Thursday 15th October – Year 11 Study Skills evening
- Wednesday 21st October- Non uniform fund raising day for ‘To Kenya with Love’
- Thursday 22nd October- Sunday 1st November- School closed for the half term break