Examination Results 2015
Another Record Breaking Year for ASHS
Class of 2015- another Record Breaking Year for ASHS!
Congratulations to Year 11 who should be very proud of their achievements. Key headline results are as follows:
%5 A*-C: 80% (This is a new record for the school)
%5 A*-C (including English and maths): 52%
English A*-C: 69% Maths A*-C: 69%
These results are the result of hard work, encouragement and support from the students, their Parents and Carers, staff and Governors.
To access the school's results, as published by the DFE, please click on the link http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/schools/performance/school.pl?urn=121188 For a summary 'data dashboard' of results, please click on the link http://dashboard.ofsted.gov.uk/dash.php?urn=121188
Welcome to ASHS:
It is a great pleasure to introduce you to our school website and hope you find in it all the information that you need. Possibly the greatest strength of the school is its friendly atmosphere and sense of community.
We are proud of our well-deserved high reputation as the only Church of England VA High School in East Anglia. Archbishop Sancroft has become an increasingly popular choice amongst parents due to:
- Our comparatively small size which means we really can offer Christian child-centred education
- Our focus on developing the whole person - physical, social, moral and spiritual
The school’s Mission Statement, bringing together both spiritual and educational goals, sets out the aims to which all who work in the school aspire:
In keeping with our Christian values, the School Staff, Students, Parents and Governors, will work together to encourage a real enthusiasm for learning and pride in our school.
As a team, we aim to offer education which is challenging, informing, exciting and enjoyable. We will have succeeded if everyone is given the chance to achieve the best results possible, and is equipped with life skills and experience for their future.
Our Core Values
* These core values will be our focus for this academic year 2015 - 2016.
Head Teacher notes:
This half term's core value: Peace
Theme for this week (23- 27 November): ‘Living at peace with the world’
The theme for this week presents us with a real challenge as we think of the fears of so many who struggle to find peace at the moment. We hope that those in positions of political power, particularly this week, remember the responsibilities we have given them to bring peace to the world.
The recent successes of our students in a variety of sporting competitions reminded me of the huge range of opportunities at ASHS to take part in or try out for the first time. I have added these to the list of events below. My thanks to Mr Farrow and his team of PE teachers who provide these opportunities.
There are, I believe, still some tickets available for the music concert on Wednesday evening.
Events this week
• Monday- Games Club 3.30-4.30 in the library, Yr 9 National Cup football at Old Buckenham HS, Canoeing Club in the pool
• Tuesday - Homework Club at 3.20-4.30 pm in the library, Yr 10 National Cup football home vs Iceni HS, Yr7-9 Table tennis tournament at Framingham Earl HS, Athletics Club in the gym, Yr 7-9 Rowing tournament at Framingham earl HS
• Wednesday – ASHS Scholars Programme, Yr 8 girls football tournament at Lynn Grove HS, Winter Concert 7pm
• Thursday- Gymnastics/ Parkour Club in the gym
• Friday- Yr 8 South Norfolk league football match home vs Framingham Earl HS, ‘Active Friday’ club for all students after school
• Week beginning 30th November- Year 11 Mock Interviews
• Tuesday 8th December- Year 7 Maths/History trip to Norwich Castle
• Tuesday 15th December- Year 8 & 9 to Norwich Cathedral for Cluster Carol Service