Examination Results 2014
Another Record Breaking Year for ASHS
Congratulations to Year 11 who should be very proud of their achievements. Key headline results are as follows:
%5 A*-C: 70%
%5 A*-C (including English and maths): 60%
English A*-C: 84% Maths A*-C: 66%
These results are the result of hard work, encouragement and support from the students, their Parents and Carers, staff and Governors.
Welcome to ASHS:
It is a great pleasure to introduce you to our school website and hope you find in it all the information that you need. Possibly the greatest strength of the school is its friendly atmosphere and sense of community.
We are proud of our well-deserved high reputation as the only Church of England VA High School in East Anglia. Archbishop Sancroft has become an increasingly popular choice amongst parents due to:
- Our comparatively small size which means we really can offer Christian child-centred education
- Our focus on developing the whole person - physical, social, moral and spiritual
The school’s Mission Statement, bringing together both spiritual and educational goals, sets out the aims to which all who work in the school aspire:
In keeping with our Christian values, the School Staff, Students, Parents and Governors, will work together to encourage a real enthusiasm for learning and pride in our school.
As a team, we aim to offer education which is challenging, informing, exciting and enjoyable. We will have succeeded if everyone is given the chance to achieve the best results possible, and is equipped with life skills and experience for their future.
Our Core Values
* These core values will be our focus for this academic year 2014 - 2015.
Head Teacher notes:
This half term's core value: Humility
Theme for this week (15-19 December): ‘Christmas’
Thank you to all who gave so generously to the Christian Aid ‘Christmas Jumper Day’ last Friday- the school certainly looked festive! Congratulations to our U14 footballers who travelled to Slough during the week in the last 16 of the National Cup. Although they lost the match their conduct was outstanding and Mr Farrow described them as brilliant ambassadors for ASHS.
Year 11’s have been approaching their Mock exams with an excellent attitude and we look forward to the results after Christmas.
I wish everyone associated with the ASHS community a very ‘Happy Christmas’ and a successful 2015.
Events this week:
• Monday- Peacejam at lunchtime,
• Tuesday- Homework Club at 3.30 in the library (every week)
• Thursday- ‘More 2 Life’ group at lunchtime, ASHS Christmas lunch, Celebration Assemblies (pm)
• Friday- Whole school assembly (am), Christmas Disco (pm). Students are to be in normal uniform for the morning and can then change for the disco. School finishes at 3.20pm for the holidays
• Tuesday 6th January - School re-starts for the spring term
• Tuesday 13th January – Year 11 ‘Mock’ results day